Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Last Day as an Undergraduate

Tomorrow will be last official day of class as an undergraduate student at the University of Georgia. I have very mixed emotions about this time in my life. Of course I am very excited to be done with school, but at the same time it is extremely terrifying! I am getting very sad about leaving the friends that I have grown closest to during my college career. In less than 13 days I will be able to walk through the Arch on North Campus and become part of the legend!! Again, it is a bittersweet time for me! I can honestly say that I don't have any regrets from college, and my last two years (both senior years!) have been especially incredible!! I would go back to the beginning and do every year over in a second! In class, my teachers keep reminding us how we will never get this time back, so we better live it to the fullest now! I intend to do just that for the next two weeks! My roommates and I have a full week planned the week of graduation.

1) Show off our karaoke skills
2) Eat at Allen's
3) Float down the Broad River
4) Spend an afternoon at Agua Linda
5) Braves Game
6) UGA Baseball Game
7) Get shirts printed at the print shop downtown
8) Find all the Bulldogs in Athens and take pictures

College has come to an end, and now we must all make decisions that lead us to the next path of our lives. For some of us, letting go is not going to be easy. I think the thing that I am having the hardest time with is knowing that when I wake up in a few weeks I will not be able to walk in my best friends' rooms when I need advice or just want to hang out! It is a feeling similar to moving out of the dorms freshman year, but with a little less relief and a little more grief. This time we know that we aren't coming back together in 3 months because realistically, each of us will be going our separate ways hours apart. For some people this is very hard to relate to because they are not close to their roommates at all. For me, I have been lucky enough to live with my 3 best friends and we have actually remained close and probably grown even closer! In a little over a week we will all walk through the Arch and take our last pictures together as students as we enter the "real world."

No comments: